Update: Firefighters responded to a fire at multiplex apartment at 2302 62nd St. just before 5 this morning. They discovered a woman in her 50s who had suffered second-degree burns to her head, Seattle Fire said.
Residents stood outside and watched as firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze. By 5:30 a.m., some residents were allowed back inside.
A van outside was also damaged in the fire. A fire investigator arrived to begin the search to determine what started the blaze. A short time later, Seattle Fire ruled the fire was sparked by “unattended candles.”
Damage is estimated at $200,000. (Photo above from @SeattleFire).