Ballard High School sent a number of student-athletes this past weekend to the WIAA state swim and dive championships at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way. Senior Luisa Chan qualified for State in the 100 Breastroke and in the 100 Butterfly. Sophomore Tiara Adler qualified in the individual 100 Freestyle. Finally, both the 200 Free Relay and the 200 Medley Relay teams qualified for State. Besides Chan and Adler, senior Joy Jaeger, sophomore Claire Comiskey, and freshman Audrey McFarland enjoyed a trip to state on the relay teams.
The team performed well at state with the following accomplishments:
- 200 Medley Relay-1:57.89 – Chan, Jaeger, Comiskey, Adler placed 20th at State
- 200 Free Relay 1:47.51- Chan, Jaeger, Comiskey, Adler Ballard placed 24th at State
- Adler place 22nd at State in the 100 Free with a time of 57.26
- Chan placed 14th at State in the 100 Fly with a time of 59.93
- Chan placed 4th at State in the 100 Breastroke with a time 1:05.22 and a new Ballard High School Record!
Great season for the girls team!
Photo courtesy of Ballard Athletics.