SDOT to host meeting about proposed 2nd neighborhood greenway

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on February 27th, 2014

SDOT is set to host a public meeting to discuss the creation of a second neighborhood greenway in Ballard. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25 in the Commons at Ballard High School.

After the first completing Ballard’s first greenway on NW 58th St last year (pictured below), SDOT is evaluating a north-south route in the area of 16th, 17th or 18th Avenues NW from Salmon Bay to Soundview Playfield.

NW-58th-Street-NGW-Map_WEB

Neighborhood greenways are safer, calmer residential streets for you, your family, neighbors and customers,” writes SDOT.

SDOT wants to hear feedback from the community about the proposed route and any concerns about the project. This first meeting will share traffic data and help SDOT staff understand where people want to walk and bike and community concerns.

A second meeting will be held later in the year to share the results of technical analysis, discuss public comment and the most effective route.

All are welcome to attend the meeting. Click here to find out more.

• 1 Steve Garland // Feb 28, 2014 at 6:17 am

Please send the My Ballard weekly newsletter to the above e-mail address. Thanks!

• 2 Anon // Feb 28, 2014 at 8:57 am

Send it all the way down 17th!

• 3 Viking Beaver // Feb 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

Not another one of these…when are these people going to learn that roads are for cars. More and more people are moving into the neighborhood, with more cars, that need to get around and to park. And what does the city want to do? Remove parking spaces and slow down streets for bicycles?! This is crazy.

• 4 Mr_Twisty // Feb 28, 2014 at 9:18 am

So there is no money to fix our scarred, potholed roads but there is money for a major bike project?

• 5 Anon // Feb 28, 2014 at 9:40 am

@Viking Beaver Actually, roads in Seattle were made before cars were invented. And regardless, 17th is not a through road for cars anyways, there’s an arterial a block on either side. And thirdly, cars can still travel on the greenway, so I guess your point is moot in the end?

@Mr_Twisty The entire 2.5 mile 58th Greenway cost less than $1 million. Seems like a major win for our neighborhood. Plus, you do know that if you call on a pothole, it’s fixed within 72 hours. Problem is, nobody ever calls, so they don’t get fixed.

• 6 Profile photo of Ballard Skandahoovian Ballard Skandahoovian // Feb 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

Uhm, there aren’t even any 16th or 18th Ave NW. At least not in Ballard/below 65th. What map is the SDOT referencing? Maybe they’re getting their info from Apple maps?

• 7 Sam // Feb 28, 2014 at 2:18 pm

“2.5 mile 58th Greenway cost less than $1 million. ”

That much for some paint?

• 8 dmc lx1 digital camcorder // Nov 15, 2014 at 8:48 am

I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a
    little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

• 9 approved universal cigarette mfi // Nov 22, 2014 at 10:50 am

My partner and I stumbled over here different page and thought I might check
    things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to looking over your web page for
    a second time.

• 10 aviator sunglasses silver mj // Nov 22, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed!
    Very useful info particularly the closing phase :) I maintain such info much.
    I was seeking this certain info for a very lengthy time.

Thank you and best of luck.

• 11 italian necktie lorenzo cana // Dec 3, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually
    code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills
    so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!

• 12 torch auxiliary goldplated connectors // Dec 13, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Howdy! This article couldn’t be written much better! Going through this article reminds
    me of my previous roommate! He continually kept talking about this.

I’ll forward this information to him. Fairly certain he’s going to have a great read.
    Thank you for sharing!