This year’s celebrations will be extra special as 2014 marks the 125th anniversary of the festivities being held in Seattle and the 200th anniversary of the signing of Norway’s constitution.
Check out the list of events happening in Ballard tomorrow and get into the spirit:
- Entertainment at Bergen Place from 10 a.m.
- Buy Syttende Mai Pins at Secret Garden Books (2214 NW Market St) from 10 a.m. Pins cost $5 and proceeds go towards the cost of putting on the Syttende Mai celebrations.
- Celebrations at the Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St) from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Enjoy open-face sandwiches, lefse dogs, and more at the Nordic Cafe, meet the Fjord horses, ride the Nordic Express kids’ train, make Norwegian-themed kids’ crafts and listen to live performers. Click here to find out more.
- Lunch at Leif Erikson Lodge (2245 NW 57th St) from 12 – 2:30 p.m. Cost is $30 and tickets can be purchased at the lodge.
- Syttende Mai Swag Sale outside The Market Arms (2401 NW Market St) from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Syttende Mai Parade starts at 6 p.m. at the corner of NW 62nd and 24th Ave NW. The route follows south to Market St and eastward to Bergen Place park, then turns right onto 22nd and continues south down Ballard Avenue and ends at Dock St. Check out a map of the parade route here.
Remember that parking restrictions will be in affect from 4 p.m. tomorrow due to the large scale of the event.
Keep an eye out for the My Ballard team who will be out in force snapping photos of the celebrations to post on the blog!
Have a fantastic Syttende Mai! Hipp, Hipp Hurra!