Phase two of Holman Rd Paving Project starts this week

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on May 19th, 2014

SDOT will begin the second phase of work on the Holman Rd NW Paving Project today. Work in this phase will take place in Zone Two of the project, on Holman Rd NW between NW 87th St and 7th Ave NW.

During this phase, SDOT crews will make several pedestrian safety improvements, including the construction of pedestrian refuges on Holman Rd NW at the intersections of 7th Ave NW and 13th Ave NW, and the enlargement of a current median at Holman Rd NW and 15th Ave NW.

Bus shelter improvements will also be made, and the Holman Rd Bridge will also be repaired and repaved.

Drivers can expect some lane closures and parking restrictions within the construction zone as phase two gets underway. Regular construction hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Monday through Friday, except during work on Holman Road Bridge.

The bridge work will require one full 24-hour closure of Holman Rd NW in both directions between 9th and 7th Aves. The bridge work is weather dependent and is currently scheduled to begin on Friday, May 30, at 8 p.m., and to be complete by Saturday, May 31, at 6 p.m.

During the full closure, crews will install a joint replacement and repave the bridge. Drivers will be detoured via NW 85th Street and 3rd Ave NW except freight drivers will use NW 85th Street and Greenwood Ave N.

Local bus access will maintained at 7th Ave NW for King County Metro’s Route 28 and RapidRide D Line.  For information on bus service, look for Rider Alert notices at bus stops, visit Metro Online, or call (206) 553-3000.

During Phase two of the project, temporary wheel curbs will be installed on Mary Ave NW and NW 92nd St to help provide a safer route for pedestrians and bicyclists until a new sidewalk is installed in 2016 as part of the Safe Routes to School program. Residents along this route should expect temporary parking changes.

The Holman Rd NW Paving Project was divided into two phases to reduce impacts to the surrounding community. Work in the first phase took place on Holman Rd NW between 7th Ave NW and Greenwood Ave N and is near completion. Phase two is expected to be complete in September.

Click here to find out more about the project.

• 1 guesty // May 20, 2014 at 6:20 am

this project is d r a g g i n g……they’ve been paving Holman for how long now?

• 2 Anon // May 20, 2014 at 9:18 am

@guesty A month is considered dragging?

• 3 guesty // May 20, 2014 at 8:38 pm

no, but the Holman/105th thing has been going on for what seems like over a year.

• 4 Anon // May 20, 2014 at 9:52 pm

105th is a separate project. It’s a complete reconstruction and was bid/phased separate from Holman.

• 5 Melvin Joesph // Nov 30, 2014 at 3:35 am

Having study every one of these posts, every one I can say is dangle in here, and don’t beat yourself up extremely a great deal. I resolutely have faith in you are all struggling with a physiologically-based problem this isn’t approximately honorable or else psychological weakness and the concept of “symptom substitution” as an essentially mental back issue is next faster to being proved off beam each day.

• 6 marineland bubble wand // Nov 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm

My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog.
    He used to be entirely right. This put up truly made my
    day. You cann’t imagine just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

• 7 دانلود فیلم با لینک مستقیم // Dec 3, 2014 at 7:55 am

دانلود فیلم با لینک مستقیم http://1.master-movie.com/

• 8 dog crate large wood // Dec 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm

It’s very straightforward to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks,
    as I found this paragraph at this web page.

• 9 replacement american metalcraft // Dec 5, 2014 at 10:31 am

I all the time emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, for the
    reason that if like to read it afterward my links will
    too.

• 10 universal power xtreme // Dec 5, 2014 at 6:29 pm

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this enormous piece
    of writing to increase my knowledge.

• 11 carrying magenta digital protector // Dec 7, 2014 at 9:25 am

Simply want to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.

Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

• 12 bdp lx70 system // Dec 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Saved as a favorite, I love your site!

• 13 disney princess collection dolls // Dec 7, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
    It’s the little changes that will make the most important changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

• 14 camera battery leica v // Dec 8, 2014 at 7:29 am

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.

Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!

• 15 original porcelain japanesque inches // Dec 8, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

• 16 company grainola honey // Dec 18, 2014 at 12:44 am

This site was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something which helped me.

Appreciate it!

• 17 projector ceiling vpl hs51a // Dec 19, 2014 at 10:38 am

I am no longer sure where you are getting your information, but great
    topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or working out more.
    Thank you for magnificent information I was searching for
    this information for my mission.