Ten films by twenty-one students in the Ballard High School Digital Filmmaking Program have been named Official Selections of the All American High School Film Festival.
This festival is the largest high school film festival in the world and receives entries from high school filmmakers throughout the country.
The event runs from October 7 – 9 in New York City at the New York Society for Ethical Culture, AMC Theatres Times Square, and the historic Kings Theater.
The films were evaluated by prestigious judges such as screenwriter Diablo Cody, documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, and actors Kristen Stewart and Dylan McDermott.
The Official Selections are eligible for awards in a number of categories. Awards will be presented at the Teen Indie Awards at the conclusion of the festival.
Check out the list of Official Selections by Ballard High School Digital Filmmaking students below:
- Criminal Design by Miles Anderson, Jonathan Bowers, Jonny Cechony, PJ Hase & Cecilia O’Rollins
- GeoFORCE: A Journey to Understanding by Leo Pfeifer & Raven Two Feathers
- Raven Rock by Rachel Cole, Jaya Flanary & Meagen Tajalle
- Comeback by Avery Davis, Skala Leake, Aaron Miller & Cameron Miller
- Anne by Rachel Cole, Jaya Flanary & Meagen Tajalle
- Music Video
- Big Coat by Jaya Flanary, Duncan Gowdy & Leo Pfeifer
- Voices by Aurore Bouriot, Jonathan Bowers, Brian Cropp & Jake Rehfeldt
- Protect Your Hearing by Elliott Atkinson, Cyrus Ogle & Bailey Wall
Two pieces produced independently by BHS film students also made the festival. Climate Change by Leo Pfeifer and Meagen Tajalle is an Official Selection in the PSA category, and Moving Forward by Leo Pfeifer will compete for the Josten’s Project Yearbook prize.
Congratulations, once again, to all involved in the BHS Digital Filmmaking Program from the My Ballard team!