A few local events scheduled for Tuesday’s inauguration of Barack Obama:
– Aster Coffee will be serving red, white and blue waffles (topped with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream) and mimosas while the inauguration plays live on a big screen TV.
– The Barking Dog will open at 7 a.m. with $3 mimosas and one-half off coffee drinks. The inauguration ceremony will play on the flat-screens.
– Epilogue Books is giving away free “Ballard for Obama” buttons from now through the inauguration (while supplies last.) “Seems like people are a little down — economy, lots of businesses closing and such,” said Nathan at Epilogue Books. “We thought maybe it would make people feel a bit more lively to remember we are about to get a new president and it is such a historic event.”
– The BalMar is opening at 5 p.m. to celebrate the inauguration with drink specials such as the Baraktail. In the spirit of hope, we’ll be doing a food drive for the Ballard Food Bank. Bring a non-perishable food item and help create change for Ballardites in need. The night will feature Obama/inauguration-themed trivia upstairs, starting at 7:30 p.m.
– Egan’s Ballard Jam House is holding an Inauguration Jam beginning at 7 p.m. Musicians are welcome to stop by and jam while inaugural festivities play on a screen in the background.
– The High Dive in Fremont is hosting an Inauguration Celebration beginning at 9 p.m. featuring RA Scion from Common Market. $6 cover.
Know of an event in the Ballard area? Please post in comments below…