No need to wait for the 5 o’clock news to find out about the weather, Ballard has a new weather station that you can check 24-hours a day.
Tracy emailed us, “This may be too dorky for your site, but I want to share the fact that we just connected our weather station to the Weather Underground site.” While we prefer “geeky” over “dorky,” we definitely think this is a great addition to Ballard. “The station is viewable on the Wonder Map and is listed as Ballard Playground, which is really the Ballard Community Center,” Tracy writes, “People in South West Ballard can now the view high and low temperatures, wind speed, humidity, precipitation, and even UV index.”
Adds jasperjenkins in comments:
There are a few Ballard-area stations on Weather Underground (change the URL as appropriate to view that station’s data):
– 6th Ave NW/NW 46th St (KWASEATT57 – “Ballard”)
– NW 50th St/8th Ave NW (KWASEATT47 – “Freelard”)
– NW 56th St/3rd Ave NW (KWASEATT17 – “Phinney Ridge”)
– NW 62nd St/9th Ave NW (KWASEATT148 – also “Ballard”)
– NW 85th St/3rd Ave NW (KWASEATT95 – “Greenwood”)
– Mary Ave NW/NW 95th St (KWASEATT130 – “Crown Hill”)
– View Ave NW (KWASEATT50 – “North Beach”)
Viewing them all together on the WunderMap page gives an interesting pattern of temperatures and winds across the neighborhood.