Tonight is the monthly Ballard District Council meeting from 7 to 8:40 p.m. in the conference room at the Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW). Here is the agenda from the Ballard District’s website:
7 PM Short Announcements by Member Organization Representatives
Please hold announcements to not more than one minute.
7:15 Preserving Ballard’s Historical Landmarks, Karen Gordon, Historic Preservation Officer – City of Seattle
7:35 Improving Safety & Traffic Movement Through Downtown Ballard, Bill Bryant, Project Manager – SDOT
Seattle Department of Transportation proposes several improvements which they hope will address traffic congestion and improve transit efficiency along NW Market Street.
8:00 Briefing – Redevelopment of Former Seattle City Light Sunset Hill Substation, Robert Drucker, Friends of Sunset Substation
8:10 2010 NPF (Neighborhood Projects Funds) Priorities, Dennis Galvin, Ballard District NPF Review Committee
Annually, district councils are asked to develop a list of five priority projects which they recommend be funded from the NPF. Out of a list of 42 proposals from the Ballard district, these five will be evaluated for cost and feasibility by City SDOT.
Discussion and Vote
8:20 Staff Report
1. Ballard district projects proposed for funding from the Parks Green Space Levy
2. Converting our street lights in Ballard from sodium vapor to LED technology
8:35 Strategic Planning Committee, Catherine Weatbrook
1. Rezone of industrial lands in Ballard’s Hub Urban Village
2. 15 Avenue West Transportation Coalition
8:35 Executive Committee
1. Ballard DC membership application – Canal Station Condominium Association