Tonight is the monthly Ballard District Council meeting in the meeting room at the Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW). The meeting is open to the community.
Here is the agenda:
7 PM Introductions & Short Announcements – please hold announcements to not more than one minute.
7:15 Combined Sewer Overflows Part II: King County’s Recommended Plan, John Phillips, Project Manager, King County CSO Control and Sediment Management Program
– King County’s recommended plan for cleaning up Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs) with special focus on
recommendations for the Ballard area
– Current infrastructure and options that are on the table in Ballard, and how you can comment on them.
7:40 Homeless in Ballard – Who is stepping up to address this issue in our community
1. City Council Member Mike O’Brien
2. Graham Pruss, Chair – Ballard Community Task Force on Homelessness & Hunger
3. Nancy McKinney, Executive Director – Ballard Food Bank
4. Beth Boram, Compass Housing Alliance
5. Sharon Lee, Executive Director – LIHI (Low Income Housing Institute)
8:20 Staff Report, Rob Mattson
– 2012 Neighborhood Projects Fund
– 2012 Neighborhood Matching Fund
8:25 Report – Executive Committee
– BDC response to proposed cuts and modifications to local transit service
– Update – “Ballard Prepares” (our district’s efforts to create a community level plan to respond to emergency conditions)
Bring a donation to the Ballard Food Bank to tonight’s meeting. They need nonperishable foods, personal hygiene products and cash.
There will be holiday refreshments after the meeting provided by the Ballard District Council Executive Committee.