The major repaving project on NW 85th Street was put on hold for several days last week because of the snow and ice. Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) resumed work this week. Here’s an update on current work.
Work continues in Phase 1 between 15th Ave NW and 8th Ave NW. Work activities impacted by the snow are currently being rescheduled. We will continue to update you on how the weather delay may impact anticipated work activities over the next couple weeks.
Construction activities anticipated this week include:
- Continued roadway removal and excavation between:
- Mary Ave NW and 14th Ave NW (north side)
- 14th Ave NW and 12th Ave NW (north side)
- 11th Ave NW and 10th Ave NW (north side)
- Dibble Ave NW and 8th Ave NW (south side)
- Installation of drainage facilities at the intersection of 14th Ave NW and NW 85th St
- Concrete paving throughout the project area (as weather allows)
- Opening of 12th Ave NW and closing of 11th Ave NW — Side streets can be closed for up to 30 days total, however the days are not required to be consecutive. This means streets may be opened and closed as needed.
- Closure of Dibble Avenue south of NW 85th St for installation of drainage facilities and roadway removal, excavation and concrete panel replacement.
- Westbound traffic continues to be maintained through Phase 1 primarily on the south side of the street.