The Ballard Senior Center is gearing up for its annual spring auction, called “Spring for Seniors.” The auction is still a couple weeks away (March 25), but the center is hoping to line up volunteers to help with the set-up.
The center says they need help putting together and organizing baskets and items for the auction, as well as help with preparing mailing of auction catalogs and organizing bid number folders. The day of the auction, the center needs close to 40 volunteers to help with everything from set-up in the morning to waiting tables and helping with the silent and live auctions.
The center needs the following help with the day of the auction:
- Set Up:10:00 AM-3:00 PM 8-12 volunteers
- Wait Staff: 4:00 PM – 9:30 PM 10 volunteers
- Silent & Live Auction Staff: 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM 6 volunteers
- Runners and Carry Out: 4:00 PM – 9:30 PM 6 volunteers
- Forms Assistance: Approx. 6:00 PM- 8:30PM 2 volunteers
- Clean Up: 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM 6+ volunteers
To sign up to be a volunteer for the center, visit the Ballard Senior Center website.