Once again Friday has rolled around and there are plenty of exciting things happening in our neighborhood this weekend. Head out and check them out!
Friday, March 8th
- Peddler Brewing (1514 NW Leary Way) opening from 5 p.m. For more information click here.
- Populuxe Brewing (826B NW 49th St) opening from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. For more information click here.
- Beard and Stache Fest at Ballard Station (2236 NW Market St) tonight. 10% of all draft beer sales go to the Treehouse organization supporting foster kids. To find out more click here.
Saturday, March 9th
- Friends of Discovery Park annual meeting at Discovery Park Visitor Center (3801 Discovery Park Blvd) from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Meet and greet with light refreshments will start at 9:30 a.m. To see the agenda and find out more information click here.
- Heron Habitat Helpers annual meeting and open house at Discovery Park Visitor Center (3801 Discovery Park Blvd) from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- MS Pub Crawl starting at King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave) from 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. The event will raise money for the National MS Society and all are welcome. To find out more click here.
- Breakfast at Pippi’s to celebrate Pippi Longstocking at the Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St) from 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for children and children under 5 are free. No reservations are needed. For more information click here.
- Benefit for BF Day Elementary School arts program at 1706 NW Market St from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. $5 donation requested at the door. For more information click here.
Sunday, March 10, 2013
- The Nordic Heritage Museum’s Mostly Nordic Music series presents The PKH Trio from Finland at 4 p.m. Musicians Umeå and Luleå in Northern Sweden, Pia Karin Helsing (soprano, cello, violin), Görel Särs (accordion, piano, guitar), and Cay Nyqvist (clarinet, percussion, composer) will perform. For ticket prices and more information click here.
- Norwegian Male Chorus Sausage and Kumle Dinner at Leif Erikson Hall (2245 NW 57th Street) from 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for students. Click here for more details.
Is there something going on at your business this weekend? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to the list.
Have a great weekend!
Photo courtesy of the Nordic Heritage Museum.