Welcome to yet another beautiful September weekend in Ballard. Enjoy it at these fantastic events!
Friday, September 19
- PARK(ing) Day all over the city from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The event turns parking spots into interactive parks for locals to enjoy. Ballard is hosting five parks. Click here to find out more.
- Live Music at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. featuring The Band of Heathens and Massy Ferguson. Tickets $17. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
- Live Music at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Lonely Mountain Lovers, Tall Heights and Grandhorse. Tickets $8 online. 21 and over. For more information, click here.
Saturday, September 20
- Perk Up Your Parking Strip class at Swanson’s Nursery (9701 15th Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Transform the dead strip of grass in front of your house into a visual and environmental asset! Diane Simpson, landscape designer and Swansons’ own, will present creative options ranging from the simple and elegant to the adventurous and dynamic. Cost is free.
- Cider-pressing at St. John’s Lutheran Church (5515 Phinney Ave N) from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Bring your apples or pears and your own containers. Cost is free.
- Live Music at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Il Sogno Del Marinaio (feat Mike Watt of Minutemen & fIREHOSE) with LITE (JAPAN). 21 and over. Tickets $15. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
- Live Music at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Porterbelly Stringband, Squirrel Butter and Viper Central.21 and over. Tickets $7. For more information and tickets, click here.
Sunday, September 21
- Ballard Farmers Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Weekend Brunch at Hilliard’s Beer (1550 NW 49th St) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Brunch will be provided by The Biscuit Box, with coffee from new Ballard-based pop-up Mmmhmm Coffee. Click here for more details.
- Alliums for Your Garden Class at Swanson’s Nursery (9701 15th Ave NW) from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.Alex LaVilla, Swansons’ perennial manager, will share his favorite varieties and discuss cultural information and plant combinations for these fascinating plants. Cost is free.
- Live Music at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 7:30 p.m. Featuring Jasper T, Charles Ellsworth and Lana McMullen. 21 and over. Tickets $10. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
Do you know of an event happening this weekend or in future in our neighborhood?
You can submit it to our events calendar here on MyBallard.com, or email the information to email@example.com to ensure we include it in our weekly weekend roundup.