The fifth annual NW Green Home Tour will be held over the weekend and is set to feature the North Seattle area on Sunday, April 26, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The free self-guided tour will showcase local, sustainable, green homes and many of them are in our neighborhood.
This year’s tour features over 35 homes all over Seattle and the Eastside, in addition to 12 Sustainability Stops, offering healthy refreshments, additional educational experiences, product demos, and discounts to tour goers.
This year five Ballard homes will be showcased. Check out the specifics from the tour organizers below:
Ballard Emerald Star Net Zero House by Dwell Development at 1749 NW 61st St
- This 100% electric home features high-performance Passive house technology, advanced framing, uber efficient triple-glazed wood windows imported from Europe, heat recovery ventilation, radiant-heated floors throughout with a 450% efficient heat pump water heater.
Plum House (pictured above) by Green Canopy Homes at 2429 NW 61st St
- This home features all LED lighting, BIB insulation, Heat Recovery Ventilator, locally made cabinetry, stairs made of reclaimed flooring, window sills made of reclaimed baseboards and slat wall made of framing from the old house. The footprint of the original house was only minimally expanded, which allows for ample gardening space
Drinking Rainwater in Ballard by Bristow Enterprises at 7703 26th Ave NW
- The home features rainwater catchment in its various forms, plus other sustainable features, including an energy retrofit and remodel. It has one of the first legal whole-house rainwater catchment and filtration systems in the city of Seattle. A short walk brings you to many other rain gardens in the neighborhood. Map provided.
Herndon House by Puget Sound Solar at 808 NW 64th St
- This home’s features include water conservation, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, solar power, storm water infiltration and urban farming.
Ballard Net-Zero-Energy House by Sunergy Systems at 612 NW 60th St
- This home’s features include advanced building envelope, materials efficiency, water conservation, rain garden, solar power and storm water infiltration.
If you are interested in volunteering on the day email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Photo courtesy of NW Green Home Tour.