The spookiest weekend of the year is here and there is much to do in the neighborhood.
FRIDAY, October 30:
- El Dazzle Winter Stout Release Party at Hale’s Ales (4301 Leary Way NW) doors open at 6 p.m. Pumpkin carving, dancing and Halloween costume contest. Tickets $15, kids free.
- Live Music
- Rock n’ Roll night at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15 available at the door.
- KBCS Presents Portlandgrassicana: Fruition with The Warren G Hardings at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 9 p.m. A to Z – All-saxophone quartet with Stuart MacDonald, Mark Taylor, Travis Ranney and Greg Sinibaldi. $10 cover.
- New Kingston and Euforquestra at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 8 p.m. Tickets $17.
SATURDAY, October 31:
- Live Music
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 9 p.m. Kenny Mandell Quartet – jazz standards with Monk and Mingus – Kenny Mandell (saxes/flute), Don Berman (drums), Tim Volipcella (guitar) and Al Pignataro (bass). $5 cover.
- The Dudley Manlove Quartet at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $12.
Halloween festivities for the little ones:
- Downtown Ballard Trick-or-Treating – Head down to the heart of Ballard with your kids 12 years and under from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. for the annual trick-or-treating at local restaurants, stores and businesses.
- Haunted Driveway at 7522 20th Ave NW – This family home is at it again this year with a haunted driveway for a spooky trick-or-treating stop on Halloween night. Located on the east side of Loyal Heights field, kids are invited to enter an otherworldly experience for their treats. Or tricks. There have been some strange happenings in the area!
- Pumpkin Party & Craft Fair at Philadelphia Church (7704 24th Ave NW) from 4:30 p.m. Arts, crafts, pumpkin carving, kids carnival and more. Free event.
For the older gouls only:
- Halloween at King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW) – DJ Blazon Stone will be spinning spooky jams and stealing souls from 9 p.m. until the darkness beckons us to eternity. Costumes are encouraged and a rad time is guaranteed. No cover.
- Halloween Costume Party at the Kangaroo and Kiwi Pub (2026 NW Market St) – DJ will be spinning the tunes, $5 cover and prizes for best dressed in the costume competition.
- Annual Halloween Bash at The Old Pequliar (1722 NW Market St) – Prizes for best costumes will be awarded at midnight and DJ Phatti LaBelle will keep guests on the dance floor all night! 21 and over event. No cover. From 9 p.m.
SUNDAY, November 1: