As the My Ballard team reported in April, construction is now underway on the Ballard Natural Drainage System Project.
Project crews have now started constructing the modular soil cells for the natural drainage systems. The modular soil cells’ design helps manage storm water and includes sidewalk space for pedestrians.
In the next two weeks, crews will be installing these facilities in several locations along NW 75th St, NW 77th St, 19th Ave NW and 17th Ave NW. The crews will also be installing concrete sidewalks along portions of those blocks.
Anticipated impacts include the following
- Temporary sidewalk closures
- Temporary traffic lane closures
- Constructions materials and equipment in street
- Increased construction traffic, noise, dirt and vibrations
- Parking restrictions during work hours
Click here to learn more about the project and to receive future updates about planned construction.