We are fast approaching summer and Seattle Parks has a variety of options to keep us cool including beaches, wading pools, water spray features, and outdoor pools.
Some of these locations will be opening this Saturday, May 28, and will stay open through September.
Here are a few cool off options close to Ballard:
- Spray Parks
- Ballard Commons (5701 22nd Ave NW) open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. from May 28 through September 5
- Life guarded Beaches
- East Green Lake (7201 E Green Lake Dr N) open noon to 7 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sunday. (Note: hours from May 28 through June 24 are 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays)
- Wading Pools
- Green Lake (N 73rd St and E Green Lake Dr N) open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m daily from June 25 through September 5
- Soundview (1590 NW 90th St) open noon – 7 p.m. Saturdays through Mondays from June 27 through September 21
- Wallingford (4219 Wallingford Ave N) open noon – 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays from June 29 through September 19
Wading pools are open on days with sunny skies and warm temperatures. Call the hotline at (206) 684-7796 by 9 a.m. each day to find out whether pools will be filled. All spray features are open from May 28 to Sept. 5.
Click here to check out the Seattle Parks Summer Family Fun Guide which includes locations and opening times of Seattle Parks’ cool down options all over Seattle.