This Monday, we pay tribute to those who died while serving in the nation’s armed forces. Here’s what’s happening in Ballard this Memorial Day:
- The Ballard Elks Lodge #827 is hosting a Memorial Day ceremony at 9 a.m. at Crown Hill Cemetery (8712 12th Ave NW).
- Goodwill is hosting its annual Memorial Day sale. Pink tagged items are 99 cents, while all red and blue tagged items are 40 percent off. Doors open at 8 a.m. at all locations, including their Ballard store (6400 8th Ave. NW).
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.