Enjoy the first weekend in June at these great events!
FRIDAY, June 3
- Phinney Farmers Market Opening Day from 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. The market will be in operation every Friday through September 30 in the back parking lot of the PNA at Phinney Ave N and N 67th St.
- Live Music
- Blues Manouche (3 members of Pearl Django) at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7pm – $10 cover
- Canadian ElectroPop: Islands with Honus Honus of Man Man/Mister Heavenlyat Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $14.
- Fauna Shade, Animal Eyes and Sloucher at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
SATURDAY, June 4
- Whittier Heights Annual Garage Sale from 9 a.m. Over 30 homes will be taking part in multiple garage sales in the small geographical area between NW 65th and NW 85th, 8th NW and 15th NW.
- Celebrate National Trails Day at Discovery Park (3801 Discovery Park Blvd) or Carkeek Park (950 NW Carkeek Park Rd). This year, SPR is partnering with Totago, a mobile app designed to get people outdoors, and with the Seattle Trails Alliance to encourage Seattleites to take public transit to hike in local parks
- Ballard Reuse 2nd Anniversary Celebrations (1440 NW 52nd St) all day. The store will have everything at 20% off and there will be free food giveaways.
- Ballard Criterium Bike Race through Old Ballard starting at 2 p.m. The race runs a loop through Old Ballard’s streets, starting and finishing at the corner of Ballard Ave NW and 20th Ave NW. Shilshole Ave NW and Ballard Ave NW will be closed from NW Vernon Pl to NW Dock Pl from 1:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Mapping Historic Ballard Party and Open House at Sunset Hill Community Association Building (3003 NW 66th St) from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. Time to celebrate all of the hard work! See the top homes and buildings, read the research, see slide maps that allow you to go between 1907 and 2016 in our neighborhood. All welcome.
- Live Music
- Horseshoes & Hand Grenades and Rabbit Wilde at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
- Kultur Shock and Ama Trio at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8:30 p.m. Tickets $12.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St).
- 7 p.m. 6th annual Bruce Cockburn Tribute – $10 suggested donation, proceeds go to War Child International
- 9 p.m. Mark Christian Miller. Purchase tickets online. Remaining seats will be sold at the door.
SUNDAY, June 5
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Free film screening of African-American Film Series: “Thunder Soul” (PG) at Wallingford Library (1501 N 45th St) from 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.
- Crossbows and Catapults, Critte and the Borzoi and Dynamite Nugget at the Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
- The Sadies with Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 8 p.m. Tickets $15.