SDOT is advising locals about maintenance that will occur on the Magnolia Bridge this week through Friday, June 24.
During this time, the Magnolia Bridge will be open to traffic in both directions with intermittent, single lane restrictions.
During the maintenance period drivers can expect the following:
- Construction activity from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Eastbound traffic lanes will be reduced to one lane to allow crews to perform maintenance and utility work in this area.
- Work in the westbound lanes is also scheduled if time permits.
- No impacts to pedestrian pathways.
- No impacts to King County Metro bus stops are anticipated as part of this work.
- No impacts to on- or off-ramps.
SDOT reports that the maintenance being undertaken will help to prolong the life of the bridge.