For the next few weeks, SPU’s contractor on the Natural Drainage Project will install curb cuts along 26th Ave NW to allow stormwater to flow into the roadside rain gardens.
The contractor will also fill the roadside rain gardens with bioretention soil and mulch and conduct flow testing to make sure they are draining properly.
From 6 p.m. on Friday, September 9, through Monday, September 12 at 5 a.m., the intersection of 26th Ave NW and NW 80th St will be closed for street improvement work. The contractor will be removing and replacing concrete street panels in addition to installing new curb bulbs, ADA curb ramps and sidewalks.
The following are updates that locals need to be aware of:
- Traffic will be detoured around the work site along 32nd Ave NW, NW 85th St and 24th Ave NW. The approved traffic plan requires vehicles traveling on arterial streets to detour on arterials streets. Please pay attention to traffic and parking signs.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained, but people should use caution.
- Crews will work extended hours in order to complete the work most efficiently. On Friday, crews will begin demolition work at 6 p.m. and complete by 10 p.m. per the City Noise variance conditions. From Friday evening at 10 p.m. to Saturday morning at 7 a.m., crews will prepare the roadway for new concrete. After 7 a.m. the concrete paving work will begin and last until approximately 5 p.m. Concrete trucks will be arriving in shifts periodically throughout the day.
- The crew should not be working on site Sunday, but the new concrete will need to cure before it is open to traffic on Monday morning at 5 a.m.
- Please note that during construction, work schedule can change depending on site conditions.