Enjoy the weekend in Ballard at these fantastic events!
FRIDAY, September 16
- Ballard Library Pop-Up Park to celebrate PARK(ing) Day open from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. outside the Library at 5614 22nd Ave NW.
- Live Music
- KISW 99.9 Presents: Airbourne with The Wild at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $30.
- The 2016 Rockabilly Ball featuring Honky Tonk at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8:30 p.m. Tickets $15.
- The Bruised Hearts Revue at Peddler Brewing Co. (1514 NW Leary Way) 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., no cover, all ages
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St)
- 7 p.m. – Solo piano with Scott Bemis – cover $10/$8 students
- 9 p.m. – Mordy Ferber Trio – $10 cover
SATURDAY, September 17
- Golden Gardens Beach Clean Up from 10 a.m. – noon. Attendees should look for the Windermere Flags at Golden Gardens to locate the clean up group. All are welcome.
- Greyhound Meet and Greet at All the Best Pet Care (1909 NW Market St) from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Join us to meet retired racing greyhounds, learn about adoption, volunteer opportunities and more.
- 2nd Annual Ballard Oktoberfest from 11 a.m. Fun for the whole family at Verity Credit Union and four Ballard breweries.
- Falling Inward: An Equinox Yoga Ceremony (5340 Ballard Ave NW) at Kula Movement Center (5340 Ballard Ave NW) from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. This energizing & expansive yoga ceremony is designed to integrate and balance your body, mind and spirit to support seasonal change. Cost is $45 pre-registered/$50 at the door. Register online or call (206) 972-2999.
- Live Music
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. featuring Fundamental Forces – cover $8
- Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek/Watkins Family) with Mikaela Davis at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $20.
- The 2016 Rockabilly Ball featuring Rockabilly at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8:30 p.m. Tickets $15.
- The Bitter Roots Live Show at Substation (645 NW 45th at) from 6 p.m.
SUNDAY, September 18
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Sunday Morning Meditation at Amazing Grace Spiritual Center (2007 NW 61st St) from 10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Medicare Made Clear Information Session at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Medicare specialist Jean Cormier of Cormier Insurance will provide an overview of the different parts of Medicare (Parts A, B, C, D and supplements), what they cover and how they work.
- Sunday Movies at King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW) present River’s Edge. Movie starts at sundown on the back patio.
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.
- The Hasslers, Alki Jones, Alex Rasmussen and the Road at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8 p.m. Tickets $8.