Locals who want to participate in the November 8 general election should prepare now.
King County Elections will mail general election ballots to all registered voters from October 19, so it’s important that citizens register to vote and ensure that their name, address and signature is up to date.
If you are not yet registered to vote in Washington you have until October 10 to register online or until in October 31 to register in person at King County Elections Voter Registration Annex downtown:
King County Administration Building
500 4th Ave, Room 440, Seattle.
8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
To register to vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- A legal resident of Washington State;
- At least 18 years old by election day;
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order; and
- Not under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction.
Voters can check to make sure their registration information is current by:
- Using My Voter Guide online
- Calling the Voter Hotline at 206-296-VOTE (8683).
The Ballard Library Ballot Drop Box (5614 22nd Ave NW) will be open from October 20.
Click here to get the latest Elections news and updates.