Enjoy the weekend in Ballard at these fantastic events!
FRIDAY, October 21
- Climate Science on Tap event at Peddler Brewing (1514 Leary Way) from 7 p.m. Learn about Washington State’s Initiative to put a price on carbon pollution and make our tax system more progressive – Initiative 732.
- Live Music
- Take Warning Presents: Hillstomp with Cedar Teeth & Skyler Mehal at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $12.
- Ravenna Woods Album Release Party with Animal Eyes and Familiars at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
- The Bruised Hearts Revue at Peddler Brewing Co. (1514 NW Leary Way) 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., no cover, all ages
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St)
- 7 p.m. – Whiskey Cove Players – no cover
- 9 p.m. – Singer-songwriters Paul Benoit, Joy Mills and Reggie Garrett – $7 cover
SATURDAY, October 22
- 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Event at Ray’s Cafe (6049 Seaview Ave NW) from 11:30 a.m. Attendees will receive a pumpkin, child-safe carving tools, an LED candle and delicious hot apple cider for just $15 per person. Reservations required.
- Magnolia Library Movie Matinee: “Hotel Transylvania” (2801 34th Ave W) from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Event is free.
- Game Day at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from noon – 4 p.m. Children, teens and adults are invited to drop in and play an array of classic and new board games. Games will include Blokus, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Jenga, Scrambled States of America and more.
- Live Music
- Indie Alt Rock- Made of Boxes with Among Authors and Sleeping Planet at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
- Headwaves, Fine Prince and Ronhaar at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
SUNDAY, October 23
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Sunday Morning Meditation at Amazing Grace Spiritual Center (2007 NW 61st St) from 10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Zumba Class at Ballard Elks (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. $5 suggested donation, all funds raised go to Ballard Elks charities. Classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month.
- Sunday Movies at King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW) presents “Dead Alive”. Movie starts at sundown on the back patio
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.
- Raleigh Americana: Chatham County Line with Barn Owls *seated* at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 8 p.m. Tickets $15.