There is more than PLENTY on this weekend in Ballard. Enjoy!
FRIDAY, December 9
- Phinney Phestivus Celebration on Phinney Ridge from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Live Music
- A Whateverly Chrismas at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. $5 cover.
SATURDAY, December 10
- Seattle Animal Shelter Boot Camp Fundraiser at Golden Gardens from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. The event is free to the public (with donation). Donations are being accepted for the Seattle Animal Shelter. Meet at the playground.
- Stocked Studios Holiday Market (at 4501 Shilshole Ave NW, Suite 205) from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Vendors include: Krista’s Baking Co., Mustard and Co., Hot Cakes, Quickles, The Bloom Room, and more.
- BHS Vocal Jazz Performance at Scout Tree Lot (15th Ave NW) at 11 a.m. Get your tree and enjoy some live music!
- Kids Arts and Craft Class at Ballard Elks (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. There is a suggested $5 donation and the event is open to everyone.
- Frock Shop Warehouse Sale (14th & Leary Way) from 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Bargain clearance prices on stock and samples. No refunds or exchanges, sorry! No changing rooms (they’ll have mirrors) and bring your own bags. Cash and all credit cards accepted.
- Northwest Youth Harp Ensemble Performance at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave) from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pathway of Lights at Green Lake from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., rain or shine. Travel the 2.8-mile path around the lake, taking in the warm glow of the luminaria, music and refreshments. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own lights and candles to add to the ambiance.
- Market Street Singers present “That Special Time of Year” at Ballard First Lutheran Church (2006 NW 65th St) at 7:30 p.m. A diverse selection of holiday music, featuring the Christmas Cantata by Daniel Pinkham. Includes our popular Christmas singalong.
- Live Music
- Christmas show featuring Andy Forrest and Scott Katz9pm at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. $8 cover. Susan Carr’s annual Blues Xmas Show at 9 p.m. Cover $10.
- Aqueduct, The Echolarks and Timbre Barons at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
- (Stash) Pot Shop’s Second Annual – Very Legal Holiday Party at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
SUNDAY, December 11
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Sunday Morning Meditation at Amazing Grace Spiritual Center (2007 NW 61st St) from 10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Tractor Tavern’s Handmade Arcade (5213 Ballard Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. 20+ modern Artists and quality handmade goods. Live music by Bill Patton and Jesse Lortz.
- Holiday Adobe Photoshop Class at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Registration is required; call the branch at 206-684-4089 or stop by to sign up.
- Market Street Singers present “That Special Time of Year” at Ballard First Lutheran Church (2006 NW 65th St) at 3 p.m. A diverse selection of holiday music, featuring the Christmas Cantata by Daniel Pinkham. Includes our popular Christmas singalong.
- Juletrefest Children’s Children Christmas Party at Leif Erikson Lodge (2245 NW 57th St) from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. Come dance around the Christmas Tree with Scandinavian songbird Lori Ann Reinhall with virtuoso Bonnie Birch on the accordion, learn more songs and dances with Barneleikarrringen. Cost is $1 for children and $8 for adults.
- Sustainable Ballard Christmas Party at the Royal Drummer Café from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Join everyone at this community barter and holiday celebration. Bring giftable goods or coupons for services to barter, or come to connect with neighbors.
- Live Music