This Monday, we pay tribute to those who died while serving in the nation’s armed forces. It also happens to be the 110th anniversary of when Ballard was annexed to Seattle.
Here’s what’s happening in Ballard this Memorial Day:
- The Ballard Elks Lodge #827 is hosting a Memorial Day ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at Crown Hill Cemetery (8712 12th Ave NW).
- Goodwill is hosting its annual Memorial Day sale. Red tagged items are $1.29 and all blue and green tagged items are 40 percent off. Doors open at 8 a.m. at all locations, including their Ballard store (6400 8th Ave. NW).
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.