The Nordic Heritage Museum’s annual Viking Days festival is just a few weeks away, with Nordic food, entertainment, and even a mock Viking encampment. The festival will run from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20.
Some of the festival highlights include (from the Nordic Museum’s event page):
- Swedish Pancake Breakfast, Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 1pm.
- Afternoon Salmon Bake with Alder-smoked salmon and all the fixins’.
- Food Hearths: Eat your way through Scandinavia, tasting goodies from all five countries.
- Valhalla Beer Garden: Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm. Enjoy Aquavit and local craft beers.
- Viking Grill: Sausages and Alaskan Salmon burgers, Ivar’s clam chowder, and more!
- Entertainment on 3 different stages.
- Larger-than-life Viking Encampment with weaving, weapon forging, and war.
The organizers are still after a few good volunteers; click here for more information. “Sign up to fry pancakes, grill brats, bake æbleskiver, pour beer, run supplies, sell raffle tickets, and much more! Volunteer perks include a festival T-shirt, food, and fun,” they say on their website.
Photo by Dennis Bratland via Wikimedia Commons