It should be another beautiful weekend in Ballard, with sun and temperatures in the mid- to high-70s. If you’re looking to get outside and listen to live music (and sip on some tasty local beer), check out Stoup Brewing’s family-friendly Yard Party on Saturday. If you have any events to add to this list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend!
Friday, August 25
- Old Ballard Crayfish Party at the Seattle Maritime Academy (4455 Shilshole Ave NW), 7-11pm. Hosted by the Old Ballard Liquor Co. and Tumble Swede pop-up restaurant. More info here.
- Live Music:
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm: Susan Robinson (vocals), with Darin Clendenin (piano), Clipper Anderson (bass), Robert Rushing (drums) and Travis Ranney (sax) ($13 cover) . 9pm – Colson Jimenez Quartet – Colson Jimenez (bass), Ravi Sharma (guitar), Santosh Sharma (sax) and Dominic Lecouturier (drums) ($10 cover/$5 students)
- Barna Howard and Jack Grelle at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm $8.
- Warren G Hardings, Rain City Ramblers, and Tom Eddy Band at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $12.
Saturday, August 26
- Stoup Brewing Yard Party 2 – 10pm. Live music from Brawns, Silver Treason, Planet Fly, and Golden Idols. Seattle Children’s Museum with family and kids activities, and the following food trucks: Wicked Good Grinders, Nutty Squirrel Gelato, Raney Bro’s BBQ and Beez Neez Sausages.
- Safe Routes to School & Bike Rodeo at Greenwood Park (602 NW 87th St) 1 pm – 5 pm. “Join us for a Bike Rodeo, Music, Food and Scavenger Hunt at Greenwood Park, just down the way from the new Robert Eagle Staff Middle School! We’ll kickoff the school year and help families learn bike safety and skills and find the safest routes to school.”
- Live Music
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – “Songs of the City” – Victor Janusz and Friends – purchase tickets online – any remaining seats will be sold at the door. 9pm – Hanz Araki (flutes, whistles, vocals) and Colleen Raney (vocals, bodran, guitar).
- Jon Hatchett, Zach Bryson & The Meatrack, and Heather Littlefield at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm $8.
Sunday, August 27
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Free zumba and fitness class at Ballard Commons Park, 11am. Led by Ballard Health Club.
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign ups at 7:30 pm.