This Thursday, 11 different local fitness providers and gyms will come together for the Ballard Fitness Fest.
The event is being organized by Fleet Feet, the shoe store that opened in Old Ballard last year.
“Our store may be the new kid in the neighborhood, but having lived in Ballard all my life, I know first hand how our community feels like a small town,” Fleet Feet co-owner Andrea Morrison said. “The best way that Fleet Feet Ballard can support our small town is to help break down any barriers to health and fitness.”
The event will be open-house style, to be held Jan. 23 at Fleet Feet in Ballard (5404 22nd Ave NW) from 6pm to 8pm. There will be drinks, nibbles, giveaways, and free class passes to various gyms and studios.
The following fitness providers will be participating:
- barre3 – Ballet Barre, Pilates & Yoga
- BurnCycle – Spin
- Girls on the Run of Puget Sound SoleMates Program
- Fit36 – High Intensity Interval Training
- Fleet Feet Ballard – Training Programs and Group Runs
- Flight Room – Aerial Yoga
- Fresh Air Fitness – Outdoor Boot Camp at Golden Gardens
- Olympic Athletic Club – Full Service Gym
- Orangetheory Fitness Ballard- High Intensity Interval Training
- Rebel Med NW – Nutritionist
- 30 Minute Hit – Fitness Kickboxing
Those who attend will have a chance to learn about the above organizations and their program offerings.
“Our goal is to breakdown barriers that people have to going after their fitness goals,” Morrison says.
It’s a free event, and you can RSVP on their Facebook event page.
Photo: Fleet Feet