In honor of Womxn’s History Month, Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles will be hosting and moderating a panel discussion virtually today.
The panel discussion is titled Amplifying Womxn’s Voices: Challenges, Inequities, and Moving Forward, and will be held from 11:45am to 1:15pm on King County TV and Facebook. If you miss it, there will be a recording available to watch afterward.
The panel discussion is co-sponsored by the King County Women’s Advisory Board and the Equity and Social Justice Legislative Branch Team.
Panelists will include the following:
- Hon. Council Chair Claudia Balducci, King County Council Chair representing District 6, she/her
- Roxana Pardo Garcia, Cultural Worker and Certified Xingona, Founder and Owner of La Roxay Productions, she/ella/they
- Kristina Logsdon, Chief of Staff to King County Councilmember Rod Dembowski, she/her
- Sharonne Navas, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Equity in Education Coalition, she/her
- ChrisTiana ObeySumner, Community Organizer, Activist, and CEO, Epiphanies of Equity LLC, they/them
- Hon. Justice G. Helen Whitener, Supreme Court Justice, Washington State Supreme Court, she/her
Councilmember Kohl-Welles has hosted the annual panel since 2016, but the event was cancelled last year due to the pandemic.
To learn more, follow Councilmember Kohl-Welles on Facebook.
Photo: 2019 Women’s History Month panel