The Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is seeking new volunteers for the new year.
To that end, the PNA Village is hosting a volunteer recruitment event later this month to bring in some fresh faces.
The volunteer recruitment event will be on Thursday, Jan. 19 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Phinney Center Blue Building (6532 Phinney Ave N) in Room 5. They’ll serve pizza and refreshments and answer questions about the volunteer positions, which mainly focus on helping elderly neighbors.
Some of the volunteer tasks they need help with include the following (from the PNA Village website):
- Rides to appointments, coffee shops, grocery stores, or to meet up with friends
- Dog walking and other pet care tasks
- Minor home repairs and maintenance
- Yard and garden work
- Light housekeeping chores
- Basic computer assistance
- Keeping in touch with members through regular check-in calls or in-person social visits
- Helping with social events and activities
- Office support such as answering phones, data entry, or website help
If you plan to attend, you can RSVP by emailing email@example.com or calling 206-789-1217.
Photo: PNA Village