Free tax preparation help will soon be available at the Ballard Library.
The Seattle Public Library, United Way of King County, and AARP collaborate to offer free, in-person tax preparation services at Seattle libraries. Trained volunteers will be at the Ballard Library and other local libraries to answer questions and help prepare personal tax returns (not business tax returns).
A full list of eligibility requirements and required documents are available online.
The Ballard Library is offering both drop-ins and appointments for tax help on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. starting Tuesday, Feb. 7 through April 11.
Other libraries offering tax help include (days/hours vary, click here for more):
- Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 5
- Broadview Branch,12755 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Greenwood Branch,8016 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E.
- Queen Anne Branch, 400 W. Garfield St.
- South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S.
- Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W.