A group of local breweries is organizing a special Ballard Brewed festival for Father’s Day later this month.
The Ballard Brewed Father’s Day Beer Fest is happening Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 from 12 to 8 p.m. Stoup co-owner Lara Zahaba tells My Ballard that the idea for the festival came about after the WA Beer Festival at Marymoor Park was canceled, which usually takes place over Father’s Day weekend.
“While we know we can’t possibly fill that hole, we thought it would be fun to bring a different version of the festival to Ballard,” Zahaba said.
Nine different Ballard breweries will be participating in the festival. Tickets are $25 and include a commemorative glass and eight tokens good for 5 oz. tastings at each brewery. The organizers will be donating a portion of ticket proceeds to the Brewer’s Guild to help support their efforts at rebuilding similar events in the future, Zahaba said.
Each brewery will also host two guest breweries with beers on tap (list below with each brewery’s guest taps):
- Stoup Brewing – Otherlands and Project 9
- Lucky Envelope – Lowercase and Pike Brewing
- Reuben’s Brews – Bizarre Brewing and Wander
- Urban Family Brewing – Ravenna Brewing and Varietal
- Wheelie Pop Brewing – Iron Goat and Outer Planet
- Bickertsons Brewhouse – Vice and Sig
- Fair Isle Brewing – Hildegard & Aslan
- Obec – Whistlepunk and TBD
- Maritime Brewing – Boundary Bay & Machine House