The City will start construction for permanent installments on the Ballard Healthy Street on 17th Ave NW this week.
The Ballard Healthy Street is on 17th Ave NW from NW 90th St to NW 58th. While it’s been closed off to through traffic for a couple of years, it’s now getting some permanent changes.
SDOT will be installing permanent signage with a concrete block base and newly painted curb spaces around each sign at every intersection. SDOT says unauthorized on-street parking located within 20 feet of the intersection will be removed for the new installation.
SDOT says to expect the following during construction, happening 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. most days:
- Noise and vibration
- Dust and debris
- Construction staging and parking impacts near the work sites
- “No Parking” areas and other parking impacts
- Crosswalk and sidewalk closures, and
- detours for people walking and biking
- Roadway closures and detours for vehicle traffic