The wildly popular Norwegian TV show Alt for Norge is returning for its 11th season and they’re doing one of their casting calls in Ballard this month.
Alt for Norge (aka “The Great Norway Adventure”) is a reality TV show that sends a group of Norwegian Americans to Norway to discover their Norwegian roots. The show involves a series of competitions, with the winner taking home $20,000.
The show was canceled after its 10th season in 2019, but now it’s back for another run in 2024.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a descendant of Norway (Have some Norwegian blood in your veins)
- Have NOT traveled to Norway after the age of 15
- Be a U.S. Citizen OR a Canadian Citizen living in the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to travel to Chicago for finalist callbacks (if chosen), which are scheduled to take place the week of March 11th, 2024
- Be able to travel to Norway and be available for up to 6 weeks to participate in the production of this amazing adventure to be shot in Norway from May to June 2024
- Be willing to undergo a criminal background check
There was a Seattle casting call back in 2018 for the 10th season, but this is the first year the show is holding a casting event in Ballard.
Ballardite Lars Phillips was on season 7 of the show: “I had the most incredible time – spending 6 weeks on the show traveling around Norway having the most surreal experience of my life,” he told My Ballard in an email.
O’Connor Casting is running the casting event, scheduled for Jan. 27 at the National Nordic Museum. Follow the link to apply online before the casting event.
Photo: Alt for Norge on Facebook