« Ballard Restaurants

Gabriel’s Fire

Posted by Geeky Swedes on August 8th, 2008

Gabriel’s Fire (BBQ)
gabrielsfire.com
2408 NW 80th St. (map)

MyBallard.com: “Gabriel’s features sandwiches like BBQ beef, beef brisket, pork, chicken and grilled flank steak…”

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (121 votes, average: 3.88 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Ballard · Restaurants   Share

• 1 Southern Rockers // May 15, 2009 at 8:41 pm

We won't be going to Gabriel's Fire again – we gave them 3 tries. My boyfriend is from the south, and is a chef, and I've had a bunch of Texas BBQ.

The sides:
    Coleslaw is just cabbage and mayo. Needs improvement.
    The beans were just beans and overcooked – not edible. Add some flavor!
    The cornbread was extremely dry. I would rather eat a spoonfull of cornmeal.
    Mac and Cheese is bland bland bland.

The meat:
    We've tried it all. Not good. Ribs are tough – the meat should fall off the bone. Grilled chicken breast? This is a BBQ joint – the chicken should be on the bone. The pork shoulder is OK. They're going to an awful lot of trouble to smoke all the meat, but there's no real smokey flavor at all. The sauce is nothing special.

Service:
    Painfully slow. This is a BBQ joint! The guy is reheating the meat to order, one order at a time. This is a crazy way to serve BBQ.

We've yet to have any decent BBQ in Seattle, except at the OK Corral on Greenwood. Hands down the best BBQ place in Seattle.

• 2 JoeFoto // Jun 27, 2009 at 7:10 am

Gabe's still rocks. Seems like haters are more likely to post than not. I'm from ATL if that matters and the meat is good. It takes all kinds. This guy works hard and puts out great product. Better than Petes.

• 3 edoggie // Jul 16, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Went there Tuesday night. They didn't seem to be able to handle the “rush”. Chicken and pulled pork were good. Ribs and brisket were dry and chewy. Beans were boring, mac n' cheese was underwhelming. I think these guys have the potential, but you've got to manage your business at all times. Make it all good all the time, otherwise I'm not coming back.

• 4 Ashley // Aug 10, 2009 at 11:50 am

I used to be a huge fan but I went there last week and don't think I'll be going back. There were inedible pieces of meat in my sandwich and they've started charging $2 for the coleslaw and $2 for the sides. My side of cornbread was rock hard on the outside and completely dry and tasteless on the inside. Definitely not worth it.

• 5 wastedmoney // Nov 22, 2009 at 2:09 am

Just tried Gabriels Fire, I was completely dissapointed. Smokin Petes has been my all time fav, but I thought I would try Gabriels after reading everyones reviews. I will NEVER go back to Gabriels, vs Petes Gabes got nothing on them. The brisket sandwhich was tiny, the Mac and cheese was blah.and no fries? really?..oh well…long live PETES..

• 6 dave // Mar 29, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Ok. Really wanted it to be great but the pulled pork was bland. No smokiness to it at all. Sauces were ok, nothing special. The bun the pulled pork cam on was too squishy and reminded me of a Wonder bread hot dog bun.

Overall it looks great and the menu selections are mouth watering, but I'll be going back to Pete's.

• 7 Bryan // Jun 22, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I have not been recently and can’t speak for the “recent issues”, but last time I was there in March the food was still awesome, the sauces were still awesome, and I had a great meal. They have the best array of sauces in town and the beef brisket was amazing. BBQ and pizza are always going to be polarizing subjects, but for me this place is still at the top of the list.

• 8 Ron Paternoster // Jul 19, 2010 at 10:34 am

Great BBQ…..the habenero sauce is the best I’ve tasted.

• 9 The Mayor // Sep 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm

the meat and sauce is great….. but the sides sucked for me…

• 10 Icon1536 // Jun 14, 2011 at 1:55 am

Their Ballard location is closed.

• 11 Man Coderre // Oct 20, 2014 at 10:03 am

Hello there, simply become aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it’s really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you proceed this in future. A lot of other people can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

• 12 best site // Oct 21, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I simply want to tell you that I’m beginner to weblog and definitely loved you’re web site. Probably I’m going to bookmark your site . You amazingly have awesome well written articles. Appreciate it for sharing your web page.

• 13 Cleo Roel // Oct 22, 2014 at 10:17 am

You could certainly see your skills within the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

• 14 visit // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Barrieau@gmail.com

• 15 read website // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Butchko@gmail.com

• 16 go to page // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Byars@gmail.com

• 17 great link // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Quance@gmail.com

• 18 clear muscle review // Oct 22, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific website.

• 19 Jasper Basulto // Oct 22, 2014 at 7:14 pm

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

• 20 check page // Oct 23, 2014 at 12:59 am

Dettmann@gmail.com

• 21 go to page // Oct 23, 2014 at 1:33 am

Slover@gmail.com

• 22 follow this website // Oct 23, 2014 at 3:19 am

Fenti@gmail.com

• 23 read full article // Oct 23, 2014 at 3:32 am

Enrique@gmail.com

• 24 read here // Oct 23, 2014 at 3:58 am

Ruszkowski@gmail.com

• 25 Erasmo Crouchet // Oct 24, 2014 at 1:40 am

Great post.Never knew this, regards for letting me know.

• 26 fans for you and me // Oct 24, 2014 at 10:29 am

Excellent commentary. Last week I came across this site and needed to tell you that I have been previously gratified, encountering your posts. We are signing up to your Feed all of which will watch for your following post.

• 27 we are fans // Oct 24, 2014 at 9:34 pm

As i initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now whenever a remark is added I purchase four emails with all the identical comment. Can there be any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks!