Big turnout expected for Turkey Trot

Posted by Geeky Swedes on November 25th, 2009

Thanksgiving morning is the 3rd Annual Turkey Trot and it’s going to be a record-breaker! More than 700 participants are pre-registered for the 5k run/jog/walk which raises money for the Ballard Food Bank.. Given that only a couple hundred people participated last year, organizers were hoping for 500 participants to help raise $6,000 for the food bank. As of earlier this week they’ve already beat their expectations. At the finish line, Inferno Dogs will be serving “Griddles” (think McDonald’s sausage McMuffin) w/ juice at Golden Gardens for a $5 suggested donation with all proceeds going to the Food Bank. The registration is closed, but you can still show up and pay $20 to join in the fun. The 5k starts at 9 a.m. at NW 85th & 32 Ave NW. Here’s a look at the route.

• 1 gooner // Nov 26, 2009 at 2:53 pm

i always thought it was a bad idea to use the word “trot” with reference to a food.

here is to nobody getting the turkey trots tonight.

• 2 jeffo // Nov 26, 2009 at 4:47 pm

that's ALOT of runners for an 'open course'

hope they're able to handle those kinds of numbers

congrats for a succesful fund drive!

• 3 stratosphere blackberry itekiro // Oct 28, 2014 at 9:35 am

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be at
    the web the simplest thing to understand of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time
    as folks consider issues that they just do not recognize about.
    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out
    the entire thing without having side effect , other people can take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

• 4 iphone vertical grade leather // Nov 8, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post
    I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be
    book-marking and checking back frequently!

• 5 travel silicon konitz // Nov 9, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Hurrah, that’s what I was seeking for, what a information! existing
    here at this website, thanks admin of this web page.

• 6 cotton blend knee high socks // Nov 21, 2014 at 8:15 pm

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this impressive article to increase my know-how.