The weekend is here! Enjoy it in Ballard at these exciting (and educational) events:
Friday, January 10:
- Hippie Boy author event with Ingrid Ricks at Secret Garden Books (2214 NW Market) at 7 p.m. Come along and meet Ballard author Ingrid Ricks as she shares her inspirational life story through her coming-of-age memoir. Click here for more details.
Saturday, January 11:
- Golden Gardens Forest Restoration at Golden Gardens (8498 Seaview Pl NW) from 9 a.m. – noon. Tools, gloves, and training are provided. Meet at restroom near parking lot for dog park. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 794-4520.
- Literacy Tutor Training at the Literacy Council of Seattle (8500 14th Ave NW) from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. All are welcome to come and train to be a literacy tutor. The Literacy Council of Seattle since 1969 has been providing free English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education assistance to adult learners and volunteer opportunities exist all over Seattle. Training cost is $50 and includes all materials needed. Click here for more details.
- Free Computer and Electronic Recycling at Windermere Ballard (2636 NW Market St) from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. SBK Recycle & Windermere are hosting a 4 hour Free Computer and Electronic Recycling event. Bring your old working or non working items down to get recycled for free. They will be accepting all computer and electronic items. Click here for more details.
- MOMS Club Preschool Fair at St Alphonsus School, Family Center (5816 15th Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Are you interested in enrolling your child in preschool for the fall of 2014? Do you have questions about when and where to send your child to preschool? If so, the MOMS Club of Seattle NW is hosting a Preschool Fair not to be missed. Click here for more details.
- Open House for North Beach Combined Sewer Overflow Control Project at North Beach Elementary (9018 24th Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. All are welcome to this drop in event. Click here for more information.
- Matthew Porter Artist Reading at Secret Garden Books (2214 NW Market) at 2 p.m. Matthew Porter is a children’s book illustrator and writer who will be sharing his latest work Monkey World: The Thunderbolt Express.
Sunday, January 12:
- Ballard Farmers Markets along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Wax On Event at Anchors Down Bar (2016 NW Market St) from 4 p.m. Every Sunday at Anchors Down, bring in your vinyl records to listen to and share with fellow music junkies. All vinyl, all day, and an all day happy hour. We’ll take turns playing our favorite cuts and talk about music through the years. All music welcome!
- Ballard Elks Lodge Ballroom Dancing (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 7 p.m. – 10 pm. Live music will be provided by The Eddy Fukano Band. Singles and couples are welcome and cost is $7 per person. Click here for more details.
Do you know of an event happening this weekend or in future in our neighborhood? You can submit it on our brand new events calendar here on MyBallard.com, or email the information to email@example.com to ensure we include it in our weekly weekend roundup.