The week in block parties: A candidate meet-and-greet tomorrow and BBQ on Saturday

Posted by Halynn Blanchard on July 15th, 2015

A city-council meet-and-greet piggybacks on a neighborhood block party this Thursday, July 16th. City Council Candidates Bill Bradburd (running for City-Wide Pos 9) and Catherine Weatbrook (District 6) are expected to share some of their thoughts in an informal, possibly unstructured manner.

Bill has been advocating for more neighborhood-friendly land use policies for twenty years; Catherine has been an active member of the Ballard District Council. These are two candidates, for whom one could vote for this August, both express concerns of the impact of rampant growth in Ballard.

The public is invited to join at 5:30 p.m. at 6751 Division Ave NW (by the corner of NW 70th St and Division).

AND WHILE WE’RE ON THE TOPIC OF BLOCK PARTIES…

THERE’S ANOTHER THIS WEEKEND!

Our neighborhood is invited to our neighbors’ block party on 6th Ave NW this Saturday, July 18th. The party gets started at 3:00 p.m. What to expect: pie jousting, a Barbarian noodle war, a bounce house, face painting, a cake eating contest, BBQ potluck, beer, bands, and more!

• 1 Stupid Hipsters // Jul 15, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Phinney Ditch? How about Phinney Rich? Average house price on that street is well over $600K. Sounds like a bunch of Hispters.

• 2 Omar // Jul 15, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Nope. just white people acting poor. Like they are ashamed of their money. I’ll take their money if they don’t want it.

• 3 Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 // Jul 16, 2015 at 6:04 am

Will the bum advocates be there lobbying for free food and beer?

• 4 be nicer, ballard // Jul 16, 2015 at 1:55 pm

I live half a block from where the block party will be, and I along with 70% of my neighbors are renters. Renters, as in we don’t make enough money to buy homes in Seattle and we scrape together what we can to live here so we don’t have to spend a quarter of our lives commuting. People who own houses here are nice people, too. Don’t knock em.

The block party is gonna be awesome. Can’t wait to end this 60 hour workweek with a potluck and my neighbors. You commenters can only come if you promise to be nice. And you’d better bring something tasty to share, too – no puny bags of chips from you Whiny McWhinersons.

• 5 Profile photo of BuffaloHawk BuffaloHawk // Jul 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm

The Block Party is in front of my place and I can’t we for it to happen. The people that organize it are wonderful and put a lot into it each year. This is all my daughter has been talking talking about. It is going to be a blast

• 6 Catherine // Jul 16, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Thank you to the Division Street Neighbors for regularly organizing this great event of your neighborhood. And thank you for inviting me by this evening for a little while. I loved talking with everyone there.

• 7 Skreech // Jul 16, 2015 at 9:48 pm

I lived on that stretch for a while. Long enough to know this thing is a waste of time. Better bands to be heard in Fremont.

• 8 Pass // Jul 16, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Lived there. Party sucked. Moved away.

• 9 Profile photo of Mondoman Mondoman // Jul 16, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Wow, what’s with the haterz today? It’s nice to see a block taking the initiative to throw a party where neighbors can actually meet each other.