Here’s a few of the notable events happening in Ballard, Fremont and Phinney Ridge tonight and through the weekend…
- The Fremont First Art Walk runs this evening, 6 to 9 p.m. Among the exhibits is an exhibition featuring 22 artists’ interpretation of the old Bridge Motel and the new homes that replaced it. (Photo above by Todd Bates.)
- The 4-H Club at Ballard Community Center will host a flea market and plant sale on Saturday, 10-3 p.m. at 6020 28th Ave. Proceeds support the Ballard Community Center 4-H Club and Friends of Garfield Orchestra.
- Up on the Ridge, the Phinney Neighborhood Association is hosting “Reptile Man” Saturday at 10:30 a.m. It’s part of an educational series called “Ridge Romp,” and the kids can see (and even touch) snakes and other reptiles.
- A Texas Hold’em poker tournament will raise money for pancreatic cancer research in memory of Kevin Driscoll. There will be an auction and raffle prizes. Party starts at 7 p.m. at Molly Maguire’s (610 NW 65th St.) Live music by the “Unoriginals.”
- Saturday night in Fremont, the folks who bring you the Solstice Parade are throwing a fundraiser called the Carnival of the Sun, with music, drinks, performances and a sneak peek into this year’s parade. It runs 7 p.m. to midnight on April 4th at 716 N 34th St. $10 entry.
For live music, check out the calendars for the Tractor Tavern, Sunset Tavern, The Bit Saloon, High Dive, Conor Byrne, Egan’s Ballard Jam House and Nectar. As always, check out our events calendar. And if you have an event to add, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post it in the calendar.