Ballard events this weekend include an art exhibit opening, Library car care workshop, local author book signing, Greenwood tree walk and brewery events at Reuben’s and Populuxe!
Get outside for the Sunday Farmer’s Market with only few morning clouds that day, set to bring mainly sunny afternoon skies and a high of 77 degrees. After this Friday storm passes, we should be clear of thunderstorms for the rest of the weekend, says the forecast. Tomorrow we see a 10% chance of precipitation and a high of 74 degrees.
Have a great weekend Ballard!
FRIDAY, August 14
- Van Alpert art exhibit opening: 7–11 p.m. at Sticks and Stones gallery (5402 22nd Ave)
- Live Music
- Populuxe Rock n’ Roll, Bluegrass, beer and chow event: Music starts at 6 p.m.; free and family-friendly (826 B NW 49th St.)
- Blues/Country/Folk at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Patrick Sweany and The Hollers. Tickets $10.
- Rock/Pop at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Sundog, Lanford Black, and Po’ Brothers. Tickets $8.
- Metal/Punk at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Froth and Killer Ghost. Tickets $8.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). Featuring Dmitri Matheny Group at 7 p.m. and Market St Dixieland Jazz Band at 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
SATURDAY, August 15
- Reuben’s Brews turns three: Celebration from noon with free commemorative pub glasses to first 200 drinkers, raffle to benefit Seattle Children’s Hospital, release of new Gose beer and more.
- Greenwood Tree Walk: City Tree Ambassadors will take neighbors on a morning tree walk around Greenwood, learning about tree placement, history and more. From 10 a.m. to noon; meet at the southeast corner of Sandel Park (9053 1st Ave. NW).
- Family-fun book release: Local author/illustrator Matthew Porter releases new picture book, The Rise and Fall of Oscar the Magician from 1–3 p.m. at the Seattle Creative Arts Center (2601 NW Market St). Free and open to everyone with snacks and face-painting.
- Car care 101 workshop: Learn basic car maintenance at 3 p.m. at the Ballard Library
- Live Music
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks Botanical Gardens: 2 p.m. Featuring Batucada- Brazilian Samba- Chorus, and Forro
- Blues/Country/Folk at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Whiskey Shivers and McDougall. Tickets $10.
- Rock/Pop at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 8 p.m. Featuring Blackie and Guests. Tickets $10
- Rock/Pop at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Have Gun Will Travel and Garrett Klahn. Tickets $8.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). Featuring CJ MacDuffee and Nova Devonie at 7 p.m. and Tim Carson at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
- Free yoga in the park: Every Saturday starting July 25th a free yoga class will be held in Ballard Commons Park with instructors from the Ballard Health Club. 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Saturdays through September. Bring a yoga mat! All levels of experience welcome.
SUNDAY, August 16
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Live Music
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks Botanical Gardens: 2 p.m. Featuring Pacific Cascade Big Band- Swing Era Jazz
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.