The last weekend in March is here! Enjoy it at these fantastic events.
FRIDAY, March 25
- Live Music
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7 p.m. – Joanne Klein and Kate Loitz – Festive jazz from Joanne Klein and vintage movie music from Kate Loitz. 9 p.m. – Arnaldo! Drag Chanteuse and Charles Crowley – Crooner joins the chanteuse in a back to back cabaret musical journey from Crosby to Piaf to Damone to Kitt and beyond
- KBCS Presents-San Fran Folkicanagrass: Hot Buttered Rum with Front Country at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $17.
- The Crocodile Presents The Mynabirds and Vaudeville Etiquette at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $14.
- The Knast, The Reverberations and The Crush at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
SATURDAY, March 26
- 2016 WA Democratic Caucasus will be held all over the state starting at 10 a.m. Not sure of your Ballard caucus site? Click here to find out and preregister. You can also register on site on Saturday. Ensure to arrive early at your location.
- Woodland Park Zoo Annual Bunny Bounce (5500 Phinney Ave N) from 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Throughout the day, families can enjoy amazing egg hunts for children ages 1-8, crafts, bunny encounters and other eggs-citing zoo programs. Activity included with zoo admission ticket purchase.
- Two Part Spring Series at Kula Movement Center (5340 Ballard Ave NW) from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Connect with Your Inner Child & Align with Your Wiser Self. Workshop includes Asana Practice, Pilates Foam Rolling, and Talking Circle. Second class on April 30. Cost is $80 and preregistration is required. Register online or call (206) 972-2999.
- Live Music
- An ‘Octagon’ Album Release Party: Polyrhythmics with Afrocop at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
- The Crying Shame and The Harm Brothers at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m.
- Tractor Tavern Presents Quilt and Lures at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7 p.m. Carolyn Magoon and Helene Smart – Singer-actress Carolyn Magoon presents “Breakin’ Hearts and Breakin’ Heels”; Bainbridge Island’s Helene Smart sings cabaret favorites. 9 p.m. Arnaldo! Drag Chanteuse and The Sirens Of Swing.
SUNDAY, March 27
- Spring Egg Hunt at Ballard Community Center (6020 28th Ave NW) and Loyal Heights Community Center (2101 NW 77th St) starting at 9:45 a.m. Bring a basket or bag to hunt for eggs. The event is free.
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.
- The Crocodile Presents HINDS, Chastity Belt and Cotillon at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8 p.m.
- The Western Red Penguins, Cold Comfort, James Anaya and the Current at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 7 p.m. Tickets $8.