Plenty of Halloween events to choose from this weekend, from fall festivals and carnivals to costume contests and karaoke at local breweries.
Enjoy your Hallo-weekend!
Friday, October 27:
- Scary Movie Night: Evil Dead at Peddler Brewing, 8pm. “Come get scared with us in our covered beer garden and try not to spill your pint! Join us to enjoy the campy, gory horror of the 1981 original Evil Dead. Mark your calendar and prep your costume!”
- Whittier Elementary Fall Carnival, 6 – 9 pm. Food trucks, games, prizes, Light Up Store, popcorn and candy, and the inaugural “Hogwarts Experience: Snape’s Potions Class”. Food trucks begin food service on the playground at 5:00pm – Dante’s Inferno Dogs, Veraci and Rancho Bravo. School doors, carnival games open at 6:00pm
- Live Music:
- Scarlet Parke and My Cartoon Heart at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW), 9pm, $12.
- Violent Friends Halloween Party (Tribute to the Violent Femmes) at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm, $10.
- Purple Mane w/ Headwaves & Adra Boo at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $12.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St).7pm – Jazz Vocalist Cara Francis [Website] – with Hans Brehmer (piano), Paul Gabrielson (bass) and Robert Rushing (drums) ($10 cover)9pm – Andy and the Architects ($10 cover)
Saturday, October 28:
- Coraline Screening and BHS Film Program Fundraiser at Majestic Bay Theater, 9:30 am. Tickets are $10 each. Proceeds will benefit students in the Digital Filmmaking Program at Ballard High School.
- 2nd Annual Scareoke Karaoke Party at Populuxe Brewing, 8 -11 PM. Prizes for the Best Costumes (announced at 9 PM).
- Æbleskiver Cooking Workshop at the Nordic Heritage Museum with Peter Boeskov, 10 a.m–12:30 p.m. or 2–4:30 p.m. “Are you already excited for Yulefest? Join us for one of two workshops and learn how to cook several different kinds of Yulefest’s most anticipated treats—æbleskiver!”
- Live Music:
- Grynch, Vitamin D and DJ Nphared at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW), 9pm, $12.
- Cold Comfort, Chris King and the Gutterballs, and Backslide Gospel at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm, $8.
- HalloQueen – Seattle’s Finest Queen Tribute, 1-2-3-4 (Ramones Tribute) at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $20.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – International Cabaret Vocalist Julie Cascioppo [Website] – with Karin Kajita (piano) and Osama Afifi (bass) ($10 cover)9pm – Jazz/Blues singer Frank Anderson – with Scotty Bemis (piano), Dean Schmidt (guitar), Wolf Kienzle (guitar) and Adam Kessler (drums) ($12 cover)
Sunday, October 29:
- Howl-O-Ween Dog Party at Peddler Brewing, 3-6pm. Dog Costume Contest:
Enter your dog between 3-5pm (we’ll take a polaroid pic!); 3-6pm: All beers purchased get 1 ballot to vote with; 5pm: All dogs entered, numbered, and time to start voting; 5-6pm: Make your choice & turn in your ballots; 6pm: Winners announced, prizes for top 4.
- Stoup Brewing Anniversary Halloween Run, 11:45am. “Join our Sunday Run for a special Halloween Costume & Parkinson’s fundraising edition. 3 miles followed by $1 off pints for runners.
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Live Music: