It’s a busy weekend in Ballard and its surrounds, with several parties, fundraisers, and festivals in the works.
Here’s our round-up:
Friday, March 22:
- Kangaroo & Kiwi fundraiser for victims of theNew Zealand mosque shooting. The pub will be accepting donations and will host an auction, with all proceeds going to support those affected. Starts at 5pm.
Saturday, March 23:
- Populuxe’s 6th Birthday, happening noon to 10pm. The party will be a retro game show theme, hosted by Betty Wetter.
- Leif to Leif 5K and Norwegian Cultural Heritage Day, Leif Erikson Lodge. The 5k run/walk from the Leif Erikson Lodge to the Leif statue at Shilshole Marina and back will start at 9am. Heritage Day events start at 10:30am.
- Holi Festival of Colors, Phinney Neighborhood Association, 1pm. “Holi is a Hindu festival celebrating spring, love and connection, and the triumph of good over evil. Come join in this raucous celebration, where people will chase each other around, throwing handfuls of colored powders. Folks from all religions, cultural backgrounds, and ages are welcome.”
- Unclutter Your Life Swap Meet, Amazing Grace Spiritual Center. “Bring us everything usable you’re ready to release, and buy a few treasures you’ve been hoping to find. Pay what you want and feel is fair – proceeds fund our Ballard Sunday Dinners for our neighbors in need.”
Sunday, March 24:
- The Ballard Farmers Market will be in its usual spot (Old Ballard) at the usual time (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- 36th District Drop-in Town Hall Meeting, Lantern Brewing, 2-4pm. “Join Sen. Reuven Carlyle, Rep. Noel Frame and Rep. Gael Tarleton for an informal “Drop-In” Town Hall.
- Spring for Seniors Gala, Ballard NW Senior Center. “Bid on exciting treasures, such as an autographed football by Coach Pete Carroll, Holland America Cruise, Seahawks tickets, local restaurants, baskets & more!” Starts at 5pm.
See events all week long in our Ballard events calendar, where you can also submit your own community events. Have a great weekend!