Sunset Hill fire sparked by rechargeable battery

A battery is to blame for Thursday’s devastating fire at a Sunset Hill home on 33rd Ave. NW, according to Seattle Fire.

“Fire investigators determined the fire was accidentally caused by a rechargeable battery that burst into flames shortly after being unplugged from a power strip,” Seattle Fire concluded.

When firefighters arrived a few minutes later, the fire had spread from the basement to the garage and the deck. Thirty minutes later, the fire was under control. One firefighter sustained minor injuries.

Seattle Fire says the estimated loss is $400,400. (Photo from @SeattleFire).


2
Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
bobbyv
Member
bobbyv

It’s not even safe to charge a battery !

Censorship Hag
Guest
Censorship Hag

Tinder anyone?