The City will be turning on lights at ballfields around the city tonight and tomorrow night to discourage the use of fireworks.
Lights will come on at about 8:30pm tonight and tomorrow night at Loyal Heights Playfield (2101 NW 77th St) and Ballard Playfield (2644 NW 60th St), and will turn off at 10pm and 11pm respectively.
As a reminder, fireworks are illegal in the city of Seattle, and they’re especially damaging on artificial turf. Seattle Parks and Recreation says the replacement costs for a synthetic field is roughly $1.2 million.
Here’s a full list of the fields that will be lit up:
- Bobby Morris at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave
- Delridge Playfield, 4458 Delridge Way SW
- Garfield #1, E Cherry St & 23rd Ave
- Genesee Upper and Lower Playfield, 4316 S Genesee St.
- Georgetown Playfield, 750 S Homer St.
- Hiawatha Playfield, 2700 California Ave. SW
- Interbay Athletic Complex, 3027 17th Ave W
- Jefferson Playfield, 4165 16th Ave. S
- Lower Woodland Playfield #2 and #7, 5201 Green Lake Way North
- Walt Hundley Playfield, 6920 34th Avenue SW
- Washington Park Playfield, 2500 Lake Washington Blvd. E
- West Seattle Stadium, 4432 35th Ave. SW
- Mickey Merriam Athletic field complex, Magnuson #5 (Rugby), #6, #7, 7400 Sand Point Way N.E.
- Miller Playfield, 330 19th Ave. E
- Rainier Playfield, 3700 S Alaska St.
- W Queen Anne Playfield, 150 W Blaine St.
In addition to the lights, all fields will be monitored by security from 9pm to 4am.