Later this month, the annual Taste of Iceland festival is happening in Seattle, with a number of events happening at the National Nordic Museum.
The festival is from Oct. 11th to the 20th, with the following events in Ballard:
Nordic Knitting Conference At National Nordic Museum, October 11-13,
Three days of all things knitting! Click each day for details: Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3. Featured speaker will be knitting expert Ýr Jóhannsdóttir.
Panel: Why Is Gender Equality So Important To (Global) Growth? At National Nordic Museum, October 17, 4pm-5:15pm (Networking reception from 5:30-6:30pm).
- Keynote speaker: Hanna Birna Kristjansdottir, Senior Advisor to UN Women in New York and Chair of the Board, Women Political Leaders Global Forum.
- Panelists: Hanna Birna Kristjánsdóttir; Gael Tarleton, State Representative for the 36th Legislative District; Anthony Reeves, Creative Director, Wunderman Thompson; Eliza Reid | First Lady of Iceland.
- Moderator: Alison Peters, Senior Associate at EnviroIssues
Iceland Day at National Nordic Museum, October 19, 11am-3pm
- Lottas Musical Medley featuring Leikhópurinn Lotta, Andrea Osp Karlsdottir, Rosa Asgeirsdottir, Sigsteinn Sigurbergsson
- KidsRights Panel
- Face Painting with Johanna Asgeirsdottir
- Keynote Speaker: Salvör Nordal, Ombudsman for Children in Iceland
- Moderator: Rachel Sottile, President and CEO of The Center for Children & Youth Justice
- Panelists: Salvör Nordal, Ombudsman for Children in Iceland; Greg Williamson, Director of the Office of Youth Engagement for the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families; Andrea Rogers, Senior Staff Attorney of Our Children’s Trust; Annie Blackledge, Executive Director of The Mockingbird Society.
FILM: Shortfish: Iceland’s Premier Short Film Festival at National Nordic Museum, October 20, 2-4pm (free)
For a full line-up of events across the city, click here.