The Ballard District Council will be holding their May meeting virtually tonight, featuring a panel with King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles and Seattle City Councilmember for District 6, Dan Strauss.
This is the first time the council has held a meeting online, which can be accessed this evening at 7pm via the Ballard District Council’s YouTube channel.
Here’s the agenda (from the BDC’s Facebook event page):
During this extraordinarily unique and challenging springtime, we are welcoming an online panel of local leaders to provide pandemic-related updates for the greater Ballard neighborhood, including:
- King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles
- Seattle City Council District 6 Councilmember Dan Strauss
- Ballard Alliance Executive Director Mike Stewart
- Jody Grage, on behalf of Ballard Community Taskforce on Homelessness & Hunger, with a brief overview re: neighborhood homelessness service providers
- Rosemary Byrne from King County Health, with an update on public health protocols for the Ballard Sunday Farmers Market
Entertainment to Follow …
The BDC meeting broadcast will be followed at 8pm with an online open mic night hosted by Grumpy D’s, so stay tuned afterward for neighborhood entertainment from 8-9pm!
- This meeting will be broadcast using Zoom, via the Ballard District Council YouTube channel and web site.
- It will be archived for viewing afterward, if you’re not able to tune in live that evening.
- BDC meetings occur on the 2nd Wednesday evening of each month. They are typically 90 minutes in length, but this online meeting will be 60 minutes.