The Canal in Ballard is opening to the public yet again for the summer months with a rotating list of food trucks at the popular waterside venue.
The Canal, located just next to the Ballard Locks, (5300 34th Ave NW) kicks off their summer tonight (Friday, June 25) with a soft opening event featuring food from The People’s Burger food truck, which sells hot dogs, burgers, and other American fare, and music from The Jacob Zimmerman 3. The Canal will be open from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., with the food truck on site from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Live music will start at 7:30 p.m.
The wedding and events venue has been shut to the general public since 2019, when they opened every Sunday that summer for their Pints on the Patio offerings. Now, it looks like it’s back in action, with different food trucks scheduled for select dates throughout July and the beginning of August. They’ve turned part of the parking lot into a beer garden where the food trucks will be serving customers.
Here’s the full lineup of food trucks coming to The Canal this summer:
- Friday, June 25: The People’s Burger
- Friday, July 2: MexiCuban & Caribbean BBQ (Mexican, Cuban, Latin American)
- Thursday, July 8: Delfino’s Pizza
- Friday, July 9: Tabassum (Uzbek, Halal, Comfort Food)
- Saturday, July 10: Paparepas (Latin American, South American, Caribbean)
- Thursday, July 15: Theo’s Gyros (Greek, Halal, Mediterranean)
- Thursday, July 22: Delfino’s Pizza
- Thursday, July 29: Delfino’s Pizza
- Friday, August 6: BeanFish (Asian Fusion, Japanese)
The Canal serves both beer and wine and are 21+ only. To stay updated on their summer events, you can follow them on Instagram.
Photo: The Canal on Instagram